Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kaboom


Kaboom

Written by Jeph Loeb
Illustrated by Jeff Matsuda

This book was written after the success of Heroes Reborn at Marvel. Liefeld and Loeb branched out on their own and started Awesome Entertainment. This was the first time Matsuda and Loeb worked together. So the question is, is this a masterpiece, guilty pleasure or something else entirely?

This reviewer is going to have to say it is a guilty pleasure. There are lots of fun elements. In fact, it would be my guess that the fans of Giffen and Rogers’ reimagined Blue Beetle will find much to enjoy here. It is after all, a comic about a high school kid balancing his life at school and as a hero. For my money give me Star and S.T.R.I.P.E., but the kids seem to disagree these days. In fact, given the popularity of that book and Young Justice, maybe this book started something and if so, then maybe I am being too harsh in the following critical look.

RIYL: Ultimates 3, Star & S.T.R.I.P.E., Impulse, Young Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment